Muddy Publishing considers the health, safety and welfare of its team, sub-contractors, clients and end-users to be paramount. Muddy Publishing will adhere to the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) under the roles of Principal Designers or Designers.
The management of Muddy Publishing Limited looks upon the promotion of health and safety measures as a mutual objective for themselves, clients and end-users. It is therefore the policy of management to do all that is reasonably practical to prevent personal injury and damage to property. Also, the organisation aims to protect everyone, including visitors and members of the public, where they come into contact with our activities, from any foreseeable hazard or danger.
Tina Buckingham will implement the company’s health and safety policy and recommend any changes to meet new circumstances. Muddy Publishing Limited recognises that successful health and safety management contributes to success business performance and will allocate adequate finances and resources to meet these needs.
Tina Buckingham will be responsible for the overall arrangements and for ensuring that the Company’s operations are executed always in such a manner as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all team members and others who may be affected by its operations.
Tina Buckingham acting as designated Safety Manager will:
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and be attentive of any relevant new Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure all assessments as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- To arrange Health surveillance as instructed.
- Set a personal example by wearing appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment and observing all safety requirements/procedures.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise all incidents reportable under Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
- Ensure that all employees, sub-contractors and clients understand and fulfil their responsibilities regarding health and safety.
Location of Health and Safety Policy
A current paper version of the companies Health and Safety Policy is kept at: –
117 Crewe Road Alsager, ST7 2JE
A current easily accessible version of the Muddy Publishing Health, Safety Policy and Welfare can be accessed: https://www.muddypublishing.com/?page_id=1068
Location of Fist aid box
Location: In the kitchen, in the left hand cupboard.
117 Crewe Road Alsager, ST7 2JE
Description: Large First Aid Kit
Location: In ruck sack
Description: Travel First Aid Kit
Work Vehicle Travel
Vehicle: White Mini Clubman – Reg MT12 ZRF
Location: Under front passenger seat
Description: Vehicle First Aid kit
Office Health Safety and Welfare
The office environment is statistically a low-risk area, where risk assessments and method statements are not normally needed, these will only be required if the risk level is deemed medium to very high.
All equipment supplied is the responsibility of Muddy Publishing Limited to ensure it is safe to use, team members are responsible to use equipment to manufactures instructions and not to abuse it.
On Site Health Safety and Welfare
Muddy Publishing Limited will ensure a systematic approach to identifying hazards, assessing the risks, determining suitable and sufficient control measures and staying aware of correct procedures needed to maintain a safe working environment.
We will provide, so far as is reasonably practical, safe places and systems of work, safe handling of materials, the provision of adequate safety equipment and ensure that appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision is given. A risk assessment will be completed if the task is deemed to be medium risk or high risk.
In a design and consultation role Muddy Publishing Limited will identify and eliminate any foreseeable health and safety risks to anyone affected by the project (if possible). We will take steps to reduce or control any risks that cannot be eliminated. Muddy Publishing will ensure that all designs are compatible with health and safety standards both during development of the project and beyond. Muddy Publishing Limited willendeavour take account of any pre-construction and site information provided by the client.
This Health and Safety Policy is a live document, and will be updated as and when needed, and be reviewed every 12 months by the managing director.