The Postal Museum
We developed a collection of educational STEM based learning resources (print and digital) for the Postal Museum’s Cracking Code Breakers project. This commission involved producing a classroom activity pack and PowerPoint presentation (aimed at Key Stage 2 and 3) exploring the topic of code breaking in the Second World War.
The extensive learning resources and presentations work hand in hand to convey individual outcomes for each section:
- Learn how General Post Office engineers worked hard to build Colossus.
- An introduction to problem solving and data collection.
- Learn about the original blueprint for Colossus and how to make a scale drawing.
- See how secret messages were sent using binary code and tapes.
- Learn how to decipher different codes and work as a team to translate a message from German.
- An introduction to digital security and what makes a strong password.